Why You Should Be Using a Property Management Company
If you own a commercial property and you live nearby, have handyman skills, or simply enjoy working on your building, it may make sense to tackle property management with the do-it-yourself approach. While this may work for a period of time, it simply isn’t practical – especially if you own more than one property or plan on expanding in the future. The right property manager can be extremely beneficial to the operations of your business.
Do I Need a Property Manager?
If you own more than one or two units, you should consider turning to a full-service property management team to handle some of the responsibilities. A team of experts can manage maintenance issues, as well as the cash flow of each individual property. If you’re seeking to alleviate the stress of owning and managing your commercial real estate, a property manager can streamline the process and take care of every detail.
Benefits of Using a Property Management Company
- They’re the experts. They have expertise in the local market to keep you from making costly mistakes across the board.
- They advertise and find the right tenants. They take care of all the details from security checks to collecting crucial information in the occupants of your building.
- They ensure compliance. With so many rules and regulations to abide by, they help you avoid lawsuits by keeping your property up to date and in compliance with the law.
- They collect the rent. They take care of rent collection and deposit, making sure cash flow is consistent, reliable, and most importantly, on time.
- They maximize the profitability of your time and money. By taking care of the day to day aspects of your property, you have more free time to do everything else.
It can be a full-time job to track payments, collect fees, deal with complaints, etc. You should be using a property manager to ultimately save you time and headaches. Property managers are also up to date with the legal aspects of owning a property, so they’re able to keep you and your property within the boundaries of the law and in constant compliance.
You’ll want to hire a property manager that takes care of every aspect in the management, leasing, and sales of your property. At Jcorp Realty Inc., we offer full-service property management in Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts. Contact us today for more information on commercial real estate sales and property management.